Using Our Cleaning Supplies in Louisville Safely
As facilities are reopening and coping with new realities during the coronavirus pandemic, cleaning professionals are increasing the frequency of disinfecting and sanitizing. These steps are vital for protecting staff and customers and preventing the spread of coronavirus, but they also must be conducted properly to avoid causing harm.
Misusing cleaning chemicals can result in serious accidents and injuries, and it can also lead to extra costs when products are wasted. Follow these guidelines to teach your janitorial staff the safest ways to use cleaning chemicals and janitorial supplies in Louisville.
1. Before using products, staff should read and re-read labels to fully comprehend the properties and potential dangers of each solution. Even if you’ve been using the same cleaning products for years, now is a good time for a refresher. If you have questions about the best way to use or store a particular product, please contact us for help or inquire with the manufacturer of the specific product.
2. Staff should also carefully read SDS information to understand the potential risks involved in using a cleaning chemical. Make a plan for safety based on the SDS info specific to each product in use.
3. Avoid the “chug a lug” method by investing in measuring cups. Using cups reduces product waste and also prevents surface damages from mixtures that are too strong or weak. Many times, cleaning pros get so used to pouring and mixing products that we think we know exactly how much to use. Don’t chance it — measure properly to stay safe and get the best results.
4. Staff should never mix chemicals unless instructed by the manufacturer. This one should be a no-brainer. No new concoctions, experiments or special recipes!
5. Staff should know when to pour the cleaning solution into water or to pour water into the solution, and they should wear personal protective equipment and avoid splashing other surfaces when working with cleaning chemicals. Make sure your staff also knows how to properly use, store and dispose of PPE. For example, educate them on the proper way to put on gloves and take them off to avoid cross-contamination.
Following these tips will help keep your staff safe and your facility clean. To learn more about our cleaning chemicals in Louisville, contact the team at Leonard Brush and Chemical today!
Interested in learning more?
Schedule your free demo today!
If you’d like to learn more about our cleaning products and janitorial equipment in Louisville, contact us today to schedule your free demo!