Keeping a busy office clean and organized is tough. Whether you are tackling cleaning tasks yourself, enlisting a cleaning service for help or running your own cleaning business, creating a schedule can help you stay on track.
We’ve broken down cleaning your office into daily, weekly and monthly tasks. Going by this schedule will help you manage problem areas and create a positive impression for guests, clients and employees.
Before you get started, stock up on all the janitorial supplies in Louisville you’ll need from here at Leonard Brush and Chemical.
These daily cleaning tasks prevent messes, trash and dirt from building up so your office appears spotless at all times.
– Clear surface clutter from the office.
– Clean and disinfect where necessary.
– Empty recycling and waste bins.
– Wipe down and clean food prep areas and break rooms.
– Vacuum high traffic areas.
If your office space is particularly prone to collecting debris and dirt, take these additional steps:
– Wipe down all desks and surfaces with a damp cloth.
– Vacuum all areas.
– Mop hard floors.
– Disinfect and clean bathrooms.
– Dust and wipe computer monitors, door handles and light switches.
You’ll need a bit more elbow grease for these jobs, but doing them weekly will prevent messes from building up.
– Polish metallic surfaces, glass and mirrors.
– Spot-check walls and painted surfaces for cleaning needs.
– Refill restrooms with soap, towels and tissue.
– Deep clean the restrooms.
– Clean the windows if needed.
– Clean and empty communal fridges and kitchen appliances.
These tasks make a difference in how clean your office appears, but they generally only need to be done once a month.
– Vacuum upholstery, including furniture and window coverings.
– Dust all surfaces from top to bottom.
– Check vents for dust and vacuum as needed.
– Check carpets for spots and deep clean if needed.
– Polish hard wood floors.